Leland Ryken (University of Oregon Ph.D.) is an emeritus professor of English at Wheaton College, where he has taught since 1968. He is the author of almost fifty publications, including How to Study the Bible as Literature (Zondervan), Words of Delight: A Literary Introductory to the Bible (Baker), Windows to the World: Literature in Christian Perspective (Wipf & Stock), Effective Bible Teaching (Baker), A Comprehensive Handbook of Literary Forms in the Bible (Crossway), and Dictionary of Biblical Imagery (IVP).
- On Reading Well: Finding the Good Life Through Great Books
- Dictionary of Biblical Imagery
- The Word of God in English: Criteria for Excellence in Bible Translation
- The Christian Imagination: The Practice of Faith in Literature and Writing
- 40 Favorite Hymns for the Christian Year: A Closer Look at Their Spiritual and Poetic Meaning