Louise Riotte, a beloved author and lifelong gardener, died in 1998 at the age of 89. She wrote twelve books on gardening, companion planting, and garden history during her lifetime, including the perennially popular Carrots Love Tomatoes. Her mother was an herbalist, and her father taught her how to use astrology. Roses Love Garlic, Astrology Gardening, Sleeping with a Sunflower, Catfish Ponds & Lily Pads, and Raising Animals by the Moon were all influenced by their friendship. Riotte was both an artist and a writer, and all of her books include her own artwork. She took tremendous interest in her garden in Ardmore, Oklahoma, where she lived.
- Carrots Love Tomatoes: Secrets of Companion Planting for Successful Gardening
- Grow the Best Strawberries: Storey's Country Wisdom Bulletin A-190
- Berries, Rasp- & Black: Storey Country Wisdom Bulletin A-33
- Roses Love Garlic: Companion Planting and Other Secrets of Flowers
- Carrots Love Tomatoes and Roses Love Garlic : Secrets of Companion Planting for Successful Gardening