Salesforce.com's chairman and CEO is Marc Benioff. In 1999, he launched the company with the goal of developing an on-demand customer relationship management (CRM) solution to replace existing corporate software. Salesforce.com has developed from a ground-breaking idea to a publicly traded firm that is the market and technological leader in on-demand business services under Benioff's leadership. Benioff has been dedicated to using information technology to create positive social change throughout his career. In 2000, he founded the Salesforce Foundation, which is now a multibillion-dollar global organization that pioneered the 1% model, in which a corporation donates 1% of revenues, 1% of stock, and 1% of employee hours to the communities it serves.
The Business of Transforming the World and Compassionate Capitalism are two of Benioff's books. Participants of the World Economic Forum designated Benioff a Global Leader of Tomorrow, recognizing his commitment to finding answers to global difficulties. Benioff is one of 100 business, political, and cultural leaders committed to addressing social issues.
- Behind the Cloud: The Untold Story of How Salesforce.com Went from Idea to Billion-Dollar Company-And Revolutionized an Industry
- Trailblazer: The Power of Business as the Greatest Platform for Change
- Power Up: How Smart Women Win in the New Economy
- Customer Obsessed: A Whole Company Approach to Delivering Exceptional Customer Experiences
- The Business of Changing the World: Twenty Great Leaders on Strategic Corporate Philanthropy
- #1527 in business