Marcos Mateu-Mestre, a visual concept, traditional animation layout, and graphic novel designer with 25 years of expertise in feature animation, was born in Palma de Mallorca, Spain. Balto, The Prince of Egypt, Asterix and the Vikings, Surf's Up, and How to Train Your Dragon 2 are among his film credits. His work in film has mostly concentrated on the design and cinematic features of frame composition, lighting, and visual continuity of many crucial animation sequences, which he summarized in his international best-selling book Framed Ink: Drawing and Composition for Visual Storytellers. He has been a member of various international film festivals and has taught painting, illustration, and visual storytelling techniques for the past 12 years. Mateu-Mestre is currently based in L.A.
- Framed Ink: Drawing and Composition for Visual Storytellers
- Framed Ink 2: Frame Format, Energy, and Composition for Visual Storytellers
- Framed Perspective Vol. 1: Technical Perspective and Visual Storytelling
- Framed Perspective Vol. 2: Technical Drawing for Shadows, Volume, and Characters
- Framed Drawing Techniques: Mastering Ballpoint Pen, Graphite Pencil, and Digital Tools for Visual Storytelling