Dr. Mardy Grothe is a retired psychologist, management consultant, and public speaker who is the author of six volumes on words and language, the founder of Dr. Mardy's Dictionary of Metaphorical Quotes, and one of America's most well-known quotation anthologists. He and his wife, Katherine Robinson, live in Southern Pines, North Carolina.
- Metaphors Be with You: An A to Z Dictionary of History's Greatest Metaphorical Quotations
- Oxymoronica: Paradoxical Wit and Wisdom from History's Greatest Wordsmiths
- I Never Metaphor I Didn't Like: A Comprehensive Compilation of History's Greatest Analogies, Metaphors, and Similes
- Viva La Repartee: Clever Comebacks and Witty Retorts from History's Great Wits and Wordsmiths
- Problem Bosses: Who They Are and How to Deal With Them