Mary Pipher has written five books about the impact of culture on mental health, including the best-sellers The Shelter of Each Other and Another Country, as well as the groundbreaking Reviving Ophelia: Saving the Selves of Teenage Girls, which lasted 154 weeks on the New York Times best-seller list and has been translated into nineteen languages. Her most recent book, The Middle of Everywhere: The World's Refugees Arrive to Our Town (Harcourt, 2002), looks at how globalization has affected American society. Dr. Pipher has lectured to students, health care professionals, and community organizations all around the world. She currently resides in Lincoln, Nebraska.
- Women Rowing North: Navigating Life's Currents and Flourishing as We Age
- Writing to Change the World: An Inspiring Guide for Transforming the World with Words
- Reviving Ophelia: Saving the Selves of Adolescent Girls (Ballantine Reader's Circle)
- Another Country: Navigating the Emotional Terrain of Our Elders
- The Shelter of Each Other