Matti Friedman's reporting has led him to conflicts in Israel and the Caucasus, as well as Lebanon, Morocco, Cairo, Moscow, and Washington, D.C. He has worked as an Associated Press correspondent, and his work has appeared in publications such as the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, Tablet Magazine, and others. He was born in Toronto and now resides in Jerusalem.
- Spies of No Country: Israel's Secret Agents at the Birth of the Mossad
- The Aleppo Codex: A True Story of Obsession, Faith, and the Pursuit of an Ancient Bible
- Pumpkinflowers: A Soldier's Story of a Forgotten War
- Who by Fire War Atonement and the Resurrection of Leonard Cohen
- Pumpkinflowers Lib/E: A Soldier's Story