Mel Gordon is a Dramatic Art professor at UC Berkeley. He has written a dozen books and over a hundred articles and entries on American, French, Russian, German, Italian, and Yiddish theater and cinema. He has also directed and taught at the Lee Strasberg Institute and Michael Chekhov Studio in Frankfurt, Houston, New York City, Paris, and Zurich.
- Voluptuous Panic: The Erotic World Of Weimar Berlin
- Horizontal Collaboration: The Erotic World Of Paris, 1920-1946
- The Seven Addictions And Five Professions Of Anita Berber: Weimar Berlin's Priestess Of Decadence
- Lazzi: The Comic Routines Of The Commedia Dell'arte
- The Stanislavsky Technique: Russia: A Workbook For Actors