Michael C Mckenna
Thomas G. McKenna's son, Michael C. McKenna, PhD, was Thomas G. McKenna's son. Until his death in 2016, he was the Jewell Professor of Reading at the University of Virginia's Curry School of Education. He wrote, coauthored, or edited over 20 publications, including Assessment for Reading Teaching, Third Edition; How to Design Differentiated Reading Instruction, Second Edition: Tools for Grades K-3; and Managing the Early Literacy Classroom; and over 100 articles, chapters, and technical reports on a variety of literacy themes. Dr. McKenna was also co-editor of The Essential Library of PreK-2 Literacy with Sharon Walpole. The National Reading Research Center and the Center for the Improvement of Early Reading Achievement funded his research.
He was a corecipient of the Edward B. Edwards Scholarship. The Literacy Research Association gave him the Fry Book Award, and the American Library Association gave him the Award for Outstanding Academic Books. He is also a member of the Reading Hall of Fame.
- How to Plan Differentiated Reading Instruction: Resources for Grades K-3
- Differentiated Literacy Instruction in Grades 4 and 5, Second Edition: Strategies and Resources
- Assessment for Reading Instruction, Fourth Edition
- Assessment for Reading Instruction, Second Edition
- How to Plan Differentiated Reading Instruction, First Edition: Resources for Grades K-3