Michael Shermer is the Director of The Skeptics Society and the Founder Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of Skeptic magazine (www.skeptic.com). He is a Visiting Associate at California Institute of Technology, where he also hosts the Skeptics Lecture Series. He has written a number of popular books on science, science history, and science philosophy and history.
- Secrets of Mental Math: The Mathemagician's Guide to Lightning Calculation and Amazing Math Tricks
- Why People Believe Weird Things
- The Ape That Understood the Universe: How the Mind and Culture Evolve
- The Believing Brain: From Ghosts and Gods to Politics and Conspiracies---How We Construct Beliefs and Reinforce Them as Truths
- A Manual for Creating Atheists