Michael Shermer is the Director of The Skeptics Society and the Founder Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of Skeptic magazine (www.skeptic.com). He is a Visiting Associate at California Institute of Technology, where he also hosts the Skeptics Lecture Series. He has written a number of popular books on science, science history, and science philosophy and history.
- Secrets Of Mental Math: The Mathemagician's Guide To Lightning Calculation And Amazing Math Tricks
- Why People Believe Weird Things: Pseudoscience, Superstition, And Other Confusions Of Our Time
- The Believing Brain: From Ghosts And Gods To Politics And Conspiracies---How We Construct Beliefs And Reinforce Them As Truths
- The Ape That Understood The Universe: How The Mind And Culture Evolve
- Immortality: The Quest To Live Forever And How It Drives Civilization