Nancy Frey, PhD, is a professor of literacy at San Diego State University's Department of Teacher Education. She has received the National Reading Conference's Early Career Achievement Award and the American Association of State Colleges and Universities' Christa McAuliffe Award for Excellence in Teacher Education as a co-recipient. Dr. Frey teaches primary and secondary reading instruction, literacy in core areas, and helping children alongside various learning needs in San Diego State's teacher-credentialing and reading specialist programs, in addition to publishing with her colleague Douglas Fisher. She is a California-certified special educator and reading specialist who has the honor of learning every day from and alongside the kids and teachers at Health Sciences High and Middle College.
- Better Than Carrots or Sticks: Restorative Practices for Positive Classroom Management
- The Teacher Clarity Playbook, Grades K-12: A Hands-On Guide to Creating Learning Intentions and Success Criteria for Organized, Effective Instruction
- Visible Learning for Literacy, Grades K-12: Implementing the Practices That Work Best to Accelerate Student Learning
- Your Students, My Students, Our Students: Rethinking Equitable and Inclusive Classrooms
- All Learning Is Social and Emotional: Helping Students Develop Essential Skills for the Classroom and Beyond