Nancy Marie Brown
Nancy Marie Brown is the author of several nonfiction works, including The Abacus and the Cross and The Far Traveler: Voyages of a Viking Woman, both of which have received critical acclaim. Since 1978, she has been studying Icelandic literature and culture. Brown, who was previously the editor of the award-winning magazine Research/Penn State, now resides in Vermont with four Icelandic horses and an Icelandic sheepdog.
- Ivory Vikings: The Mystery of the Most Famous Chessmen in the World and the Woman Who Made Them: The Mystery of the Most Famous Chessmen in the World
- The Far Traveler: Voyages of a Viking Woman
- The Real Valkyrie: The Hidden History of Viking Warrior Women
- Mendel in the Kitchen: A Scientist's View of Genetically Modified Foods
- The Abacus and the Cross: The Story of the Pope Who Brought the Light of Science to the Dark Ages