Paul J Silvia
Silvia is an Assistant Professor at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro's Department of Psychology. His research focuses on what makes something intriguing or dull, as well as the emotion of interest. He spends his free time writing books, drinking coffee, and petting Lia, his Bernese Mountain Dog. He is frequently asked why he finds interest intriguing, but he has no idea. His second book is titled Exploring the Psychology of Interest.
- How to Write a Lot: A Practical Guide to Productive Academic Writing
- Write It Up! Practical Strategies for Writing and Publishing Journal Articles
- What Psychology Majors Could (and Should) Be Doing: An Informal Guide to Research Experience and Professional Skills
- Researching Daily Life: A Guide to Experience Sampling and Daily Diary Methods
- Public Speaking for Psychologists: A Lighthearted Guide to Research Presentation, Jobs Talks, and Other Opportunities to Embarrass Yourself