Sao Paulo is a city in Brazil. Pedagogy of the Oppressed, The Politics of Education: Culture, Power, and Liberation, Education for Critical Consciousness, Literacy: Reading the Word and the World, and Pedagogy of the City are just a few of his books.
- Pedagogy of the Oppressed: 50th Anniversary Edition
- A Pedagogy for Liberation: Dialogues on Transforming Education
- Pedagogy of Hope: Reliving Pedagogy of the Oppressed
- Pedagogy of Freedom: Ethics, Democracy, and Civic Courage (Critical Perspectives Series: A Book Series Dedicated to Paulo Freire)
- Teachers as Cultural Workers: Letters to Those Who Dare Teach with New Commentary by Peter McLaren, Joe L. Kincheloe, and Shirley Steinberg Expanded