Penny Simkin, P.T., is a physical therapist who also works as a doula, a childbirth instructor, and a birth counselor. She is a nationally recognized expert in childbirth, having assisted 9,000 pregnant women and their birth partners in childbirth and accompanied hundreds of couples through the process. Simkin is a prolific author who serves on more than ten consulting and editorial boards, including the journal Birth: Problems in Perinatal Care, The International Childbirth Education Association, and The Seattle Midwifery School, where she also conducts doula training and talks. She has authored numerous books as well as journal and magazine pieces. She's also one of the co-founders of DONA International (previously Doulas of North America) and The Pacific Association for Labor Support.
Simkin travels frequently throughout the country, lecturing and presenting at conferences and workshops, in addition to offering birthing education, birth counseling, and labor support. Visit Simkin's website at pennysimkin.com for more information.
- The Birth Partner - Revised 4th Edition: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas, and All Other Labor Companions
- Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn: The Complete Guide
- The Labor Progress Handbook: Early Interventions to Prevent and Treat Dystocia
- The Birth Partner, Third Edition: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas, and All Other Labor Companions (Birth Partner: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas, &)
- The Birth Partner: Everything You Need to Know to Help a Woman Through Childbirth