Peter Wohlleben worked for the German forestry commission for almost two decades. He quit his profession to put his ecological views into action, and he now runs an environmentally friendly woodland in Germany, where he is attempting to restore primeval woodlands. He is the author of a number of tree-related books.
- The Hidden Life of Trees: What They Feel, How They Communicate--Discoveries from a Secret World
- The Hidden Life of Trees: The Illustrated Edition
- The Heartbeat of Trees: Embracing Our Ancient Bond with Forests and Nature
- The Inner Life of Animals: Love, Grief, and Compassion: Surprising Observations of a Hidden World
- The Secret Wisdom of Nature: Trees, Animals, and the Extraordinary Balance of All Living Things --- Stories from Science and Observation