Rajeev C Patel
Raj Patel is a Research Professor in the Lyndon B Johnson School of Public Affairs at the University of Texas at Austin, as well as a professor in the university's nutrition department and a Research Associate at Rhodes University in South Africa. He is the author of Stuffed and Starved, The Value of Nothing, and A History of the World in Seven Cheap Items, as well as co-author of A History of the World in Seven Cheap Things. He is a prominent thinker and organizer around the Green New Deal and is a James Beard Leadership Award winner. He is also working on a film about the global food system and is a James Beard Leadership Award winner. He is a member of the International Panel of Experts on Sustainable Food Systems and has provided advice to governments around the world on the causes and solutions to sustainability challenges.
- Inflamed: Deep Medicine and the Anatomy of Injustice
- A History of the World in Seven Cheap Things: A Guide to Capitalism, Nature, and the Future of the Planet
- Stuffed and Starved (PM Audio)
- The Value of Nothing: How to Reshape Market Society and Redefine Democracy
- Food Rebellions!: Crisis and the Hunger for Justice