Randy Johnson has spent most of his life in the Southern Appalachians and has written extensively for national newspapers, ski and travel magazines, and other publications, often on the subject of North Carolina's outdoors. He was the editor-in-chief of United Airlines' Hemispheres magazine for many years, which was then the most award-winning in-flight magazine in the United States. Randy is a member of the Society of American Travel Writers and the North American Snowsports Journalists Association, and has walked and skis all over the world. Hiking Virginia, Hiking the Blue Ridge Parkway, Best Easy Day Hikes Blue Ridge Parkway, and Southern Snow: The Winter Guide to Dixie are among his other works. For more information about Randy Johnson's novels, go to www.randyjohnsonbooks.com.
- Hiking North Carolina: A Guide to More Than 500 of North Carolina's Greatest Hiking Trails
- How to Make Workbenches & Shop Storage Solutions: 28 Projects to Make Your Workshop More Efficient
- Best Easy Day Hikes Great Smoky Mountains National Park, 2nd Edition
- Great Book of Woodworking Tips: Over 650 Ingenious Workshop Tips, Techniques, and Secrets from the Experts at American Woodworker
- Hiking the Blue Ridge Parkway: The Ultimate Travel Guide to America's Most Popular Scenic Roadway