Redwood Kardon is a former electrician and building inspector for the city of Oakland, California, who designed and wrote the first Code Check. Douglas Hansen, a general contractor and certified combination inspector with over 25 years of experience in the industry, is a coauthor. Skip Walker is a licensed home combined inspector who specializes in smoke alarm performance and deck safety. The authors give seminars and classes on a wide range of construction issues across the country. Since its beginning, Paddy Morrissey, a former senior illustrator at CornerHardware.com, has been the sole illustrator for the Code Check series.
- Code Check 9th Edition: An Illustrated Guide to Building a Safe House
- Code Check Electrical: An Illustrated Guide to Wiring a Safe House
- Code Check Complete 2nd Edition: An Illustrated Guide to the Building, Plumbing, Mechanical, and Electrical Codes
- Code Check Plumbing & Mechanical 5th Edition: An Illustrated Guide to the Plumbing and Mechanical Codes
- Code Check Complete 3rd Edition: An Illustrated Guide to the Building, Plumbing, Mechanical, and Electrical Codes