Rick Hanson, PhD, is a psychologist, senior fellow of the Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley, and New York Times bestselling author. His books are available in 26 languages and include Resilient, Hardwiring Happiness, Buddha's Brain, Just One Thing, and Mother Nurture. He edits the Wise Brain Bulletin and has numerous audio programs. A summa cum laude graduate of UCLA and founder of the Wellspring Institute for Neuroscience and Contemplative Wisdom, he's been an invited speaker at NASA, Oxford, Stanford, Harvard, and other major universities, and has taught in meditation centers worldwide.Dr. Hanson has been a trustee of Saybrook University and has served on the board of Spirit Rock Meditation Center. His work has been featured on the BBC, CBS, and NPR, and he offers the free Just One Thing newsletter with 135,000 subscribers, plus the online Foundations of Well-Being program in positive neuroplasticity that anyone with financial need can do for free. He enjoys rock climbing and taking a break from emails. He and his wife have two adult children.
- Hardwiring Happiness: The New Brain Science of Contentment, Calm, and Confidence
- Resilient: How to Grow an Unshakable Core of Calm, Strength, and Happiness
- Solo una Cosa = Just One Thing
- How to Meditate: A Guide to Self-Discovery
- In Touch: How to Tune in to the Inner Guidance of Your Body and Trust Yourself