Rick Hanson, PhD, is a psychologist and a senior fellow at UC Berkeley's Better Good Research Center. He is also a New York Times bestselling book. His publications include Resilient, Hardwiring Happiness, Buddha's Brain, Just One Thing, and Mother Nurture, which are accessible in 26 languages. He is the editor of the Wise Brain Bulletin and the host of a number of radio programs. He's been an invited speaker at NASA, Oxford, Stanford, Harvard, and other prominent universities, and has taught at meditation centers across the world. He's a summa cum laude alumnus of UCLA and the founder of the Wellspring Center for Neuroscience and Contemplative Wisdom. Dr. Hanson has served on the boards of both Saybrook University and Spirit Rock Meditation Center.
His work has been covered on the BBC, CBS, and NPR, and he publishes the free Just One Thing newsletter, which has 135,000 subscribers, as well as the online Foundations of Well-Being program on positive neuroplasticity, which is free for anybody in need. He likes to go rock climbing and take a break from work. He and his wife are the parents of two grown children.
- Buddha's Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom
- Just One Thing: Developing a Buddha Brain One Simple Practice at a Time
- Bouncing Back: Rewiring Your Brain for Maximum Resilience and Well-Being
- Meditations to Change Your Brain
- Awakening Somatic Intelligence: The Art and Practice of Embodied Mindfulness