Rip Esselstyn was born in upstate New York and grew up in Cleveland, Ohio, where he studied speech communication and was an All-American swimmer at the University of Texas at Austin. Rip joined the Austin Fire Department in 1997 after ten years as a professional triathlete. He now lectures and gives seminars on the Engine 2 lifestyle all year round. He is the New York Times bestselling author of The Engine 2 Diet and Plant-Strong. Visit www.engine2diet.com for more information.
- Plant-Strong: Discover the World's Healthiest Diet--With 150 Engine 2 Recipes
- The Engine 2 Seven-Day Rescue Diet: Eat Plants, Lose Weight, Save Your Health
- The Engine 2 Cookbook: More Than 130 Lip-Smacking, Rib-Sticking, Body-Slimming Recipes to Live Plant-Strong
- The Engine 2 Diet: The Texas Firefighter's 28-Day Save-Your-Life Plan that Lowers Cholesterol and Burns Away the Pounds
- My Beef with Meat: The Healthiest Argument for Eating a Plant-Strong Diet--Plus 140 New Engine 2 Recipes
- #1124 in Cookbooks & Everything Food