Robert W Strayer
Among his publications are works in African history, including Kenya: Focus on Nationalism (1975) and The Making of Mission Communities in East Africa (1978). More recently, he developed a specialty in Soviet history and wrote Why Did the Soviet Union Collapse? (1998) and The Communist Experiment (2007), comparing the experience of the Soviet Union with that of China. He was the senior author of an earlier world history textbook, The Making of the Modern World (1988; 1995), and has co-edited McGraw-Hill's Explorations in World History series. He has also published in a number of specialized journals, such as the Journal of World History.
- Ways of the World with Sources for the Ap(r) Course
- Ways of the World with Sources, Volume 1: A Brief Global History
- 1200 Update Ways of the World with Sources for the Ap(r) Modern Course
- Thinking Through Sources for Ways of the World: A Global History with Sources for the Ap(r) World History Modern Course
- Thinking Through Sources for Ways of the World, Volume 1: A Brief Global History