Roz Chast was born and raised in Brooklyn. In 1978, her cartoons first appeared in the New Yorker. She has published over a thousand cartoons in the magazine since then. She's written and illustrated a number of books, including the national bestseller Walking into Town, What I Hate: From A to Z, and The Party After You Left and Theories of Everything, both collections of her own cartoons. She is the illustrator of Calvin Trillin's No Fair! and the editor of The Best American Comics 2016. The Harvey Award Hall of Fame Award was given to her.
- Can't We Talk about Something More Pleasant?: A Memoir
- Roz Chast Ten Graphite Pencils: (Cute Office Supplies, Pencils for Students, Back to School Supplies)
- Going Into Town: A Love Letter to New York
- Why Don't You Write My Eulogy Now So I Can Correct It?: A Mother's Suggestions
- You Can Only Yell at Me for One Thing at a Time: Rules for Couples