Scott Carney is an anthropological and investigative journalist who combines narrative nonfiction and ethnography in his work. The Red Market: On the Trail of the World's Organ Dealers, Bone Thieves, Blood Farmers, and Child Traffickers, his first book, won the Clarion Award for outstanding nonfiction book in 2012. He's written for Mother Jones, Foreign Policy, Playboy, Details, Discover, Outside, and Fast Company, and his work has also appeared in Mother Jones, Foreign Policy, Playboy, Details, Discover, Outside, and Fast Company. He currently resides in Boulder, Colorado.
- What Doesn't Kill Us: How Freezing Water, Extreme Altitude, And Environmental Conditioning Will Renew Our Lost Evolutionary Strength
- The Red Market: On The Trail Of The World's Organ Brokers, Bone Thieves, Blood Farmers, And Child Traffickers
- The Vortex: A True Story Of History's Deadliest Storm, An Unspeakable War, And Liberation
- Harmonic Trading, Volume 1: Profiting From The Natural Order Of The Financial Markets
- The Wedge: Evolution, Consciousness, Stress, And The Key To Human Resilience