Simon Garfield has written seventeen critically praised nonfiction books, including A Remarkable Woman (as editor), To the Letter, On the Map, Just My Type, and Mauve. The Death of Innocence, his study of AIDS in Britain, got the Somerset Maugham prize. www.simongarfield.com is a website dedicated to the author Simon Garfield.
- Mauve: How One Man Invented a Color That Changed the World
- On the Map: A Mind-Expanding Exploration of the Way the World Looks
- To the Letter: A Celebration of the Lost Art of Letter Writing
- A Notable Woman: The Romantic Journals of Jean Lucey Pratt
- Timekeepers: How the World Became Obsessed with Time