Spike Walker worked as a crewman on some of Alaska's most successful crab boats for nine seasons. Spike Walker has worked in the offshore oilfields of Louisiana and Texas, as a certified commercial deep-sea diver along the Mississippi River, and as a logger in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Alaska, in addition to crab fishing.
- Alaska: Tales Of Adventure From The Last Frontier
- On The Edge Of Survival: A Shipwreck, A Raging Storm, And The Harrowing Alaskan Rescue That Became A Legend
- Working On The Edge: Surviving In The World's Most Dangerous Profession: King Crab Fishing On Alaska's High Seas
- Nights Of Ice: True Stories Of Disaster And Survival On Alaska's High Seas
- Coming Back Alive: The True Story Of The Most Harrowing Search And Rescue Mission Ever Attempted On Alaska's High Seas