Stephanie R Bird
Stephanie Rose Bird earned a BA with honors from Temple University's Tyler School of Art and Architecture and an MFA from the University of California, San Diego, where she was a San Diego Opportunity Fellow. For many years, she was a professor of fine art at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. She's taught at the Illinois Institute of Art, the Chicago Botanic Garden, and the Garfield Park Conservatory, among other places. Bird is a self-taught artist, herbalist, and aromatherapist who runs Nearly Edible Natural Goods. Bird researched the art, rituals, and ceremonies of Australian Aborigines in the Northern Territory as a Fulbright senior fellow.
Bird's fine work has been displayed in a number of galleries, museums, universities, and public locations around the country and internationally. Stephanie Rose Bird's website is www.stephanierosebird.com.
- Llewellyn's 2022 Witches' Spell-A-Day Almanac
- 365 Days of Hoodoo: Daily Rootwork, Mojo & Conjuration
- Sticks, Stones, Roots & Bones: Hoodoo, Mojo & Conjuring with Herbs
- A Healing Grove: African Tree Remedies and Rituals for the Body and Spirit
- The Big Book of Soul: The Ultimate Guide to the African American Spirit