Dr. Stephen Shore is an Assistant Professor of Special Education at Adelphi University in New York, where his research focuses on aligning best practices with the needs of people with autism and facilitating successful transitions to adulthood for this population. Dr. Shore, who was diagnosed with abnormal development and severe autistic tendencies as a child and was nonverbal until the age of four, now speaks and consults internationally on issues affecting people on the autism spectrum. He is the President Emeritus of the Asperger's Association of New England and a member of the Asperger Syndrome and High Functioning Autism Association and the Autism Services Association's boards of directors.
- Living Well on the Spectrum: How to Use Your Strengths to Meet the Challenges of Asperger Syndrome/High-Functioning Autism
- Stephen Shore: Uncommon Places: The Complete Works
- Marriage and Lasting Relationships with Asperger's Syndrome (Autism Spectrum Disorder): Successful Strategies for Couples or Counselors
- Loving Someone with Asperger's Syndrome: Understanding and Connecting with Your Partner
- Understanding Autism for Dummies