Steve Sheinkin is a bestselling author of fast-paced, cinematic histories for children. The National Book Award longlist included his book The Port Chicago 50: Tragedy, Mutiny, and the Struggle for Civil Rights. Bomb: The Race to Build-and-Steal the World's Most Deadly Weapon was a Newbery Honor Book, a finalist for the National Book Prize, and the winner of the Sibert Award and the YALSA Award for Excellence in Young Adult Nonfiction.
- Bomb: The Race to Build--And Steal--The World's Most Dangerous Weapon
- Fallout: Spies, Superbombs, and the Ultimate Cold War Showdown
- King George: What Was His Problem?: Everything Your Schoolbooks Didn't Tell You about the American Revolution
- Most Dangerous: Daniel Ellsberg and the Secret History of the Vietnam War
- Undefeated: Jim Thorpe and the Carlisle Indian School Football Team