Peter de Florez Professor of Psychology at MIT is Steven Pinker. The National Academy of Sciences and the American Psychological Society have recognized his work on visual cognition and linguistic psychology. Pinker has also won numerous accolades for his work at MIT and for his books How the Mind Works (which was also a Pulitzer Prize finalist) and The Language Instinct. He is a member of the use panel of the American Heritage Dictionary and an elected fellow of numerous scientific societies. He is also an associate editor of Cognition. He has contributed to the New York Times, Time, The New Yorker, The New Republic, Slate, and Technology Review, among other publications.
- Rationality: What It Is, Why It Seems Scarce, Why It Matters
- Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress
- The Sense of Style: The Thinking Person's Guide to Writing in the 21st Century
- The Better Angels of Our Nature: Why Violence Has Declined
- The Blank Slate: The Modern Denial of Human Nature