Ted Widmer is a Macaulay Honors College (CUNY) Distinguished Lecturer. He writes about American history in The New York Times, The New Yorker, The Washington Post, and other publications in addition to teaching. He has also worked at Harvard University, Brown University, and Washington College, where he taught or led research centers. He attended Harvard University and grew up in Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
- Lincoln on the Verge: Thirteen Days to Washington
- Martin Van Buren: The American Presidents Series: The 8th President, 1837-1841
- Listening in: The Secret White House Recordings of John F. Kennedy [With CD (Audio)]
- American Speeches Vol. 1 (Loa #166): Political Oratory from the Revolution to the Civil War
- American Speeches: Political Oratory from Abraham Lincoln to Bill Clinton (Library of America)