Thomas Cathcart earned a bachelor's degree in philosophy from Harvard, went on to study theology at the University of Chicago, and worked in a variety of jobs (his words) ranging from college teaching to hospice management until, at the age of 67, he began his writing career by coauthoring Plato and a Platypus Walk into a Bar with Daniel Klein. Cathcart and his wife live in the city of New York.
- Plato and a Platypus Walk Into a Bar . . .: Understanding Philosophy Through Jokes
- Heidegger and a Hippo Walk Through Those Pearly Gates: Using Philosophy (and Jokes!) to Explore Life, Death, the Afterlife, and Everything in Between
- I Think, Therefore I Draw: Understanding Philosophy Through Cartoons
- Aristotle and an Aardvark Go to Washington
- There Is No God and Mary Is His Mother: Rediscovering Religionless Christianity