Tom Clavin has written or cowritten sixteen novels. He wrote for The New York Times for fifteen years and has contributed to publications such as Golf, Men's Magazine, Parade, Reader's Digest, and Smithsonian. He is currently Manhattan Magazine's investigative features correspondent. He is a resident of Sag Harbor, New York.
- Lightning Down: A World War II Story of Survival
- Blood and Treasure: Daniel Boone and the Fight for America's First Frontier
- Tombstone: The Earp Brothers, Doc Holliday, and the Vendetta Ride from Hell
- The Heart of Everything That Is: The Untold Story of Red Cloud, an American Legend
- Dodge City: Wyatt Earp, Bat Masterson, and the Wickedest Town in the American West