William L Shirer
William L. Shirer (1904-1993) had a distinguished career as foreign correspondent, news commentator, and historian of the contemporary world. He reported from Berlin for the Universal News Service and for CBS on the rise of the Nazis, and he covered their fall as a war correspondent. Out of these reports grew his bestsellers, Berlin Diary and The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, which has sold more copies for the Book-of-the-Month Club than any other book in the club's history.
- The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich: A History of Nazi Germany
- Collapse of the Third Republic: An Inquiry into the Fall of France in 1940
- Berlin Diary: The Journal of a Foreign Correspondent, 1934-1941
- Native's Return: Twentith Century Journey, 1945-1988; A Memoir of a Life and the Times: A Memoir of a Life and the Times
- The Nightmare Years: 1930-1940, Vol. 2