Essential Trigonometry: A Self-Teaching Guide
This no-nonsense guide provides students and self-learners with a clear and readable study of trigonometry's most important ideas. Tim Hill's distraction-free approach combines decades of tutoring experience with the methods of his old-school Russian math teachers. The result: learn in a few days what conventional schools stretch into months.
- Teaches general principles that can be applied to a wide variety of problems.
- Avoids the mindless and excessive routine computations that characterize conventional textbooks.
- Treats trigonometry as a logically coherent discipline, not as a disjointed collection of techniques.
- Restores proofs to their proper place to remove doubt, convey insight, and encourage precise logical thinking.
- Omits digressions, excessive formalities, and repetitive exercises.
- Covers all the trigonometry needed to take a calculus course.
- Includes detailed solutions to all problems.
1. A Few Basics
2. Radian Measure
3. The Trig Functions
4. Trig Values for Special Angles
5. Graphs of Trig Functions
6. The Major Formulas
7. Inverse Trig Functions
8. The Law of Cosines (and Sines)
10. Trig Cheat Sheet
About the Author
Tim Hill is a private math tutor and data Read More chevron_right
Frequently Asked Questions About Essential Trigonometry: A Self-Teaching Guide
How long does it take to read Essential Trigonometry: A Self-Teaching Guide?
It takes about 4 Hours and 27 minutes on average for a reader to read Essential Trigonometry: A Self-Teaching Guide. This is based on the average reading speed of 250 Words per minute.
How long is Essential Trigonometry: A Self-Teaching Guide?
Essential Trigonometry: A Self-Teaching Guide is 70 pages long.
- Who wrote Essential Trigonometry: A Self-Teaching Guide?
Other trigonometry books you might enjoy
Book Reviews (0)
No customer reviews for the moment.