Music for Sight Singing
You can add it to your wishlist and you will be notified once we receive a copy.
This Description may be from another edition of this product.
The most engaging and musical Sight-Singing text on the market.Music for Sight Singing is structured around organized melodiesdrawn from the literature of composed music and a wide range of the world's folk music. Real music exercises allow readers to practice sight singing and develop their mind's ear - the ability to imagine how music sounds without first playing it on an instrument. The ninth edition continues to introduce a host of important musical considerations beyond pitch and rhythm- including dynamics, accents, articulations, slurs, repeat signs, and tempo markings. The book's arrangement of simple to complex exercises lays the foundations for success. Learning Goals Upon completing this book, readers will be able to:
- Fluently read rhythms in simple and compound meters, including those in relatively unusual, irregular, or changing meter signatures.
- Sight sing melodies in any major or minor key, and in any diatonic mode.
- Effortlessly read all four common clefs.
- Understand common musical symbols and terms.
- Recognize and sing important harmonic features such as dominant seventh and Neapolitan chords.
- Improvise effectively from a variety of background structures such as a Read More chevron_right
Frequently Asked Questions About Music for Sight Singing
How long does it take to read Music for Sight Singing?
It takes about 8 Hours and 41 minutes on average for a reader to read Music for Sight Singing. This is based on the average reading speed of 250 Words per minute.
How long is Music for Sight Singing?
Music for Sight Singing is 360 pages long.
- Who wrote Music for Sight Singing?
Books like Music for Sight Singing
What should you read after Music for Sight Singing Book? Here is a list of books to read if you read and loved Music for Sight Singing
Other voice books you might enjoy
Book Reviews (0)
No customer reviews for the moment.