Buy 3 Get 1 Free
Our Best Sale Yet! Add 4 Books Priced Under $5 To Your Cart Learn more
Thomas Merton is often considered the most prominent Christian contemplative of the twentieth century, but he was also a political activist, social visionary, and literary figure whose writings combine the candor of Thoreau and the moral vision of Gandhi. Here is a remarkably accessible introduction to his work: a collection of a short, vivid excerpts arranged in four parts so as to parallel the journey of a seeking soul in the modern world.- Real and False Selves distinguishes between our real selves, a deep religious mystery known entirely only to God, and the identities we take on in order to function in society.
- The World We Live In provides a spiritual context to modern life, moving from a stark rejection of its empty promises to a deep compassion for its tragic limitations.
- Antidotes to Illusion reflects on contemplative practices that can serve as the allies of our real selves in the battle against illusion: silence, solitude, meditation, prayer, charity, and faith.
- Love in Action explores the role of the contemplative in the modern age and the challenges and pitfalls of living a life of active love. Merton's startling critique of a society driven by technology and rampant acquisition, the politics of good versus evil, and the self-deluding complacency of the spiritual lifestyle demonstrate beyond doubt that his writings are as urgent today as they were in his lifetime.
Frequently bought together
Total price: $12.33Add all 3 to Cart Add all 3 to list
- This item: Seeds$3.98
- New Seeds Of Contemplation$4.26
- The Seven Storey Mountain$4.09
Frequently Asked Questions About Seeds
How long does it take to read Seeds?
It takes about 4 Hours and 28 minutes on average for a reader to read Seeds. This is based on the average reading speed of 250 Words per minute.
How long is Seeds?
Seeds is 192 pages long.
- Who wrote Seeds?
Books like Seeds
Homesick For Another World: Storiesfrom $12.78
Assembling Californiafrom $3.88
Crow And Weaselfrom $4.09
Darwin's Cathedral: Evolution,...from $4.39
Love Is Stronger Than Death: The...from $9.44
Womanspirit Rising: A Feminist Reader...from $4.00
The Writer's Book Of Hope: Getting...from $4.39
The Impossibility Of Religious Freedomfrom $6.36
Introduction To Water In Californiafrom $5.57
Isms: Understanding Artfrom $4.58
Your Mythic Journey: Finding Meaning...from $4.03
In The Spirit Of Happiness: Spiritual...from $3.88
Girl On The Fridgefrom $4.08
Creation Spirituality: Liberating...from $3.98
Book Reviews (0)
Did you read Seeds? Please provide your feedback and rating to help other readers.
No customer reviews for the moment.